Tuesday, August 2, 2011

LINKS TO LIKE / How to Fold a Fitted Sheet

I recently purchased a new set of linens for my bed. I guess I was hoping that a higher thread count would equate to better sleep. Rather than having my Fluff & Fold Goddess Susannah launder them for me, I decided to break in the first wash myself. Problem: I realized that I've never properly folded a fitted sheet.

Now I know what you're thinking... "There's no proper way to fold a fitted sheet, silly! You just roll it up and stuff it underneath the pillowcases in the linen closet."

Well, the Internet would disagree with you. I found the second half of the following video to be very helpful. However, one particular comment at the beginning left me howling with laughter.



Obviously Jill has never tried dating in Los Angeles if she honestly believes one of the biggest challenges you'll face in your life is how to fold a fitted sheet.*


*Confession: Jill makes folding a fitted sheet look much easier than it really is. Figuring out which side of CORNER 3 to tuck into CORNERS 1 + 2 was a real bitch.

2 comments:

Rory Rockmore said...

"It might feel awkward at first."

ChillwithWill said...

Hehe. That line cracks me up every time.