Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A few thoughts on this morning's Oscar nominations...

1. This ten nominees thing (once again) is pretty stupid. Winter's Bone was not that good. I fell asleep watching it at Sundance last year. The fact that The Town got pushed out of the Best Picture and Screenplay nominations is pretty freaking annoying.

2. Totally not surprised that the Coen Bros. sneaked into the Directing nominations.

3. However... TOTALLY surprised that they pushed Christopher Nolan out instead of David O. Russell. Not because The Fighter was bad...but mostly because I thought most of Hollywood hated David O. Russell and didn't really mind Christopher Nolan so much. Guess I was wrong.

4. They don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, but my favorite acting nominees are Jesse Eisenberg, Michelle Williams, and Jacki Weaver.

5. Christian Bale will most likely win Supporting Actor. And that's totally deserved.

6. The Social Network better win everything else.

2 comments:

danast said...

Agree with you mostly. Except Winter's Bone excited me as a filmmaker and I still prefer 'Heat' over 'The Town'.

The Sivert Screen said...

I would replace David O. Russell with Christopher Nolan, but I fear he would throw things and call me names. I'm not nearly as tough as Lily Tomlin.