Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Boy Without The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo On His iPad


I know this is going to get me on whitewhine.tumblr.com but...

Can anybody tell me why the book that Entertainment Weekly deems the "hottest book on the planet" isn't available in Apple's iBooks store? Apparently I can get it here on Amazon'sKindle, which does have an app for the iPad. However, based on all the app reviews I've read, the iBooks app blows the Kindle app out of the water.

Although, I'm not sure why I'm this adamant about getting it on iBooks. I just double checked and Amazon is selling Tinkers (this year's Pulitzer Prize winner) for $5.99, while Apple is peddling it for $11.99. This reminds me of my loyalty to Amazon mp3 Download Store over iTunes. Despite my belief that Apple has superior devices for listening to music and reading books (iPod, iPhone, iPad...), Amazon just does a better job at getting me the content I want at an affordable price.

Now if only Amazon sold digital comic books...


*P.S. Can anybody remember the last time a book was featured on the cover of Entertainment Weekly? I may be getting my hopes up a little too high for this one.

2 comments:

danielle said...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

And the book is really good...I just finished reading the analog version.

ChillwithWill said...

Yeah, I think it's probably the last Harry Potter. I didn't pay enough attention to see if Dan Brown or Stephanie Meyer ever had their books on the cover.

The Millennium Trilogy will be the next thing I read. Thanks Danielle!!