Thursday, February 26, 2009

Will Sherrod Was Kidnapped By Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space!!!

Okay, I just found the most brilliant online comic book. Megan Rose Gedric's throwback to the pulpy comics of the 50's entitled I Was Kidnapped By Lesbian Pirates From Outer Space!!! is campy, hilarious fun.

I've only read the first two issues, but I couldn't keep myself from jumping on my blog and sharing it with everyone.

I'll give you a quick rundown...

The story follows Susan Bell, a secretary in what I gather is a 50's era America. She is...YOU GUESSED IT...kidnapped by a gang of lesbians who take her up to their intergalactic space ship.

I think the thing I enjoy the most is the campy humor. In fact, as a little enticement, I'll give you the moment where I knew I was falling in love with these lesbians:If you think that's funny, there's plenty more where it came from. Just hop on over to the website. I'll even make it easy for you and provide the link a second time so you don't have to scroll all the way up.

My only hope is that one day this gets made into a movie. I'd much rather see I Was Kidnapped By Lesbian Pirates From Outer Space!!! than Spider-Man 4.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

My fav line, "I'll give you the moment where I knew I was falling in love with these lesbians."

I'm admittedly naive so here's to hoping I get the jokes...

Now what were you googling to stumble upon this comic, Will? ;)

ChillwithWill said...

In the first two issues the jokes are more aimed at comic book, sci-fi and storytelling clich├ęs. They steer less toward innuendo.

(I'm admittedly naive as well!)

And, all my googling is usually work appropriate.

Usually.

*wink*