Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dan Ast vs. Octo-Mom: The Fight of the Century


That's right folks. As gross it may sound, I caught Dan Ast trying to woo Nadya Suleman. I can only imagine what he and his followers plan to do with her precious little brood of infants...

Those are horrors that I choose not to meditate on. Thankfully, someone else has already chosen to meditate on them for me.

As I was clicking through pictures of the crazy, Jolie-lipped mother of 14, I was reminded of one of my favorite horror flicks from the late 70's. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a big, BIG fan of David Cronenberg. Scanners is a true classic. Videodrome is prophecy, especially with today's media. And A History of Violence is brilliant storytelling. However, the movie that sprang to my mind as I considered the recent hoopla over the birth of these hormonally implanted octuplets was 1979's The Brood.


For me to even begin to explain the plot to you would be a disservice. Please don't wait around for them to bastardize remake this movie (I've heard it's in the works...along with Scanners...CURSE YOU MICHAEL BAY AND ALL THAT YOU STAND FOR!!!). See the original. Add it to your Netflix queue pronto.

Without giving too much away, I'll attempt to entice you into watching this movie...



And if you need any more incentive...

No comments: